Sunday, November 22, 2009

UPSR

(image googled)


Alhamdulillah...

Syukur... That was the first thing that came to my mind after the announcement of the results. Even though there were only 3 pupils who got 5As in the exam, but still it was a blessing. For me, the important thing is to ensure that the number of passes keep on increasing. The 5As is a bonus for me. 7 pupils managed to get A for English and I am thankful for that.

Maybe some people will say that I'm not ambitious. How can a teacher think this way??? But there's a story behind this.

When I first came to the school in 2005, there was only 1 English teacher. I guess the school was lucky enough that year to get 2 new English teachers. There I was a new teacher without much teaching experience except for 3 months during practicum.

The HM explained that the school was in the Sekolah Prestasi Rendah (SPR) category because of English. Schools with the percentage of passes below 50% is placed in this category.
main problem was the lack of English teacher, resulting in non-optionist teaching English to pupils.

Since I was a KPLI teacher, the HM gave me a big responsibility. He instructed me to teach two Year 6 classes. I was like OMG!!! can I really do this??? I was a new teacher and without much experience in teaching.

But I took the challenge. I tried my best and the result for that year increased but only slightly. The school was still in SPR. But the HM believed in me still. Again I was assigned to teach two Year 6 classes in 2006. Again, the percentage increased but we were still in SPR.

By 2007, the number of English teacher increases and I was glad because now I was assigned to only 1 Year 6 class. This time around the percentage increased again and we were no longer in the SPR category.

In 2008, I was assigned to Year 6 again. This time around the percentage was around 60%.

Alhamdulillah, in 2009 the percentage of passes for English is 70.1%. That's why I was really happy with the result. I told my colleagues that I do not aim high but to slowly climb the stairs of success. A lot of time and effort were needed to achieve this sweet success.

Next year we have to double the effort. So now I need to improvise on the strategy for next year's exam.

To all the English Teachers in SKKK, let's get a better result next year. We can do it.

4 comments:

  1. skolah ween percent lulus utk english jatuh sikit kak. tp puas hati sbb mungkin balasan tuk cikgu tahun 6 skolah ween yg berlagak, pandang rendah kat kami yg x ajar year 6 nih. moga2 insaf dan amik jd pengajaran benda nih.

    ReplyDelete
  2. x baik ek pandang rendah kat cikgu2 lain.. akak lebih suka kalau tak ngajar year 6.. tension sepanjang tahun tuh.. takde special pun ajar year 6 nih...

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats dear for doing a good job. very proud of you. keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. kak emy

    it was a group effort... but thanks anyway... :)

    ReplyDelete

WHAT SAY U